Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What a Game!!!

Midgard

Joe's Bridge this name doesn't leave my mind
Reason is simple last night I decided to fire up command ops 2 and tried a small scenario from Highway to the Reich precisely Joe's bridge I have picked the Irish guards side.
Everything started nice and easy kind of smoothly even I manage to approach and take De Groote Barrier objective with minor "problems" I cross the bridge with some confidence and then... then the pan really started to boil...
The Fallschirmjägers stuck to the Irish guards like glue they really gave hell to my men they were like fly's over sugar the fight went like this for hours it was dam difficult to gain terrain and if the Irish seemed to gain some of it soon they were pushed back I manage to approach La Colonie Objective for brief but "glorious" moments but then the German paratroops were able to push back the Irish units again and again .
Bloody AI why and how come. These words were echoing inside my head and in the battlefield my units were gaining fatigue and worse of all casualties...
The AI was putting me in front of serious problems at this hour of the night, can't believe. let us thinking reasonably. No it can't be is it possible that the AI is retreating his units to rest and then after some time resume the attack with such tenacity that the Lion's of Carentan compare to them are chorus kids??
More, let us suppose that the infamous AI is regrouping and resting part of is units in the forest and other units away of my LOS. Tested the LOS tool and yes the idea gained sustenance.
Oh yeesss so BRING THE GUNS call once more the guys from Btn 153 Gds Arty Regt to make some precision bombardment.
Pound that forest with artillery fire without stopping until those lady paratroopers decide to appear in our special show and then, surprise it worked IT WORKED!!!!
Then combined arms work the way trough German stubborn resistance. Finlay I managed to gain terrain and keep it until I finally took La Colonie...
Anxiety took care of me I was looking constantly to the ammunition level and when it was almost over almost ending with my victory dreams another supply appear and I was able to keep using the artillery fire over those Fallschirmjägers until the victory meter was totally pending to my side Finally I was able to rest when I reached a decisive victory late, very late in the night.
I have lived some "tense moments" because of this game and I must say that I don't regret any cent of what I have paid for it
I also have command ops 1 but the this new UI really is an improvement and the game truly shines over my 2 big monitors
What a night, I will try other scenarios in other war theaters and live more emotions together with the AI, does he have a live????

Rgds
Daniel