Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What LNL Do I need?

David Carroll

I own Band of Heroes (apparently the First Edition with v 2.0 Rules) and I just purchased Nouville, because the web site that I needed Band of Heroes or Heroes of Normandy. But when I received it, the box says I need Band of Heroes AND Swift and Bold. I am very confused. What do I need to play Nouville?

Also, I received the Demo which has lovely 7/8" counters for the officers and units. My old Band of Heroes has 1/2" counters. What do I need to get something up to date and playable together? Are the new games moving to the larger counters? f I buy the In Defeat Defiance Expansion, will I have what I need to play it?

I also have Heroes of the BlitzKrieg and the original Forgotten Heroes, both of which have the smaller counters.

Thanks.

Jeff Lewis

We sorted you all out in email, David. For others, to be sure, Band of Heroes, and all our games, past, present and future, have 5/8" , 3/4" and 7/8" counters (no 1/2").

The demo had all big counters b/c it was easy to a one-size sheet in-house. This is not the norm.

David Carroll

We did indeed sort it out. And I had a delightful conversation with David Heath. It was pretty scary to learn how quickly the previous Lock n Load games sold out. I know that there are many of them at the printer now, all scheduled to arrive at the same time. How can get notified of their arrival, so I can get my order in before it is all sold out!

For anyone else reading, I learned that all of the X maps are all backward compatible to all previous versions of the games.

I understand the backward compatibility problems of moving to larger counters, but, wow, the demo counters are truly gorgeous.