Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What ww2 unit do you think we miss in ln'l?

Rydo

Title pretty self explanatory.

I'm thinking about the rangers in normandy, the french resistance, the polish rearmed forces, some axis minors, italians in europe from 43 sicily and forward, then who else?

Good topic Rydo!

What I think is ‘what campaign/theatre modules’ are we missing and these can incorporate the units we are missing. Like an Eastern Front WW II Army Group South module would include scenarios with Axis Minor nations we don’t currently have (Hungarians, Romanians), a Winter War module would feature Finish etc...

Now who’s up for designing/creating them!

Cheers!

Rydo

Good topic Rydo!

What I think is ‘what campaign/theatre modules’ are we missing and these can incorporate the units we are missing. Like an Eastern Front WW II Army Group South module would include scenarios with Axis Minor nations we don’t currently have (Hungarians, Romanians), a Winter War module would feature Finish etc...

Cheers!
I'm not in touch with David, but on facebook ln'l said they will announce the new tactical line for the future, and from there on we will know better.

There is Grenada coming, they're also working on Falluja and there is another design in the works from me from quite some time ( 2 years now ) but it won't be out before some years, i'm still in the research phase.

There could be an exp for motherland incorporating all axis minor, the italians and finnish soldiers?
I'm not that expert on that front and would need to study a lot but i can't now.

Also i know Nick is an expert at the sino-russian border war, so we could have another exp for pacific getting us early russians and the siberian divisions, then add the chinese and filippine units.

Ok here we have two big expansions.

Then the italian campaign, from sicily, adding italians late war, ita partisans, and mid war us army. That could be an exp for normandy.
Maybe there late war british too?

Mmm so much stuff! But the work behind it would be immense!

Rydo

The Canadian Army is still missing after all these years. :arghh:
Who? Never heard of those, sorry...

...just kidding! :)

In my previous post i've voluntarily omitted them to make you rage!!!

But the canadians can work both in an italian theatre, a d-day one or the march trought the rhine to berlin.

I wonder why, despite their contributions, the canadians are not very present in other tac games but usually put inside the british units, i mean they worked very hard in italy, poor guys and normandy too.
I watched a documetary years ago about the italian campaign and it opened my eyes on them, they endured much :(

One day we will have them that's certain.

:)

“The Canadian Army is still missing after all these years. :arghh:

Like all Commonwealth countries like the Aussies the Canadians can be represented by the current counters they just need scenarios. If we have special Canadian counters we need counters for Aussies, Kiwis, Indians, South Africans etc

Rydo

“The Canadian Army is still missing after all these years. :arghh:

Like all Commonwealth countries like the Aussies the Canadians can be represented by the current counters they just need scenarios. If we have special Canadian counters we need counters for Aussies, Kiwis, Indians, South Africans etc
I'm no expert on them. How much do they were different compared to other Commonwealth units?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I do have a campaign idea for the Canadian army; the fighting that went around Bretteville-l'Orgueilleuse on June 7th and the following days. There is a TCS game about it (The Canadian crucible) and I have a few books on it. Plus, it would fit on a historiccaly accurate map of the size of the one in Dark July 43 or Noville: Bastogne's outpost

Great stuff Stephane!
Given scenarios and a map existing Commonwealth & German counters could be used! So it could possibly be a ‘cheapish’ expansion.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes! Now only to find time...and it would still be a Heroes of Normandy expansion, which we already have a few