Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Whats the most irritating problem in CO2?

Daz

How you finding playing it, Daz? I'm having lots of buggy behaviour. All minor things, that I haven't even bothered posting about separately, mostly, but together they make it a bit difficult sometimes. It's irritating, for example, to find all the facings set back to generic north with auto unchecked every time I come back from a save (a very old CO1 bug). It's irritating to deal with the mouse pointer not actioning the piece of estate its actually pointing at. And I've had all sorts of problems with Ctrl-select to try to group units - including units that I have apparently grouped then turning out to have mysteriously reverted to their organic parent, unbidden. To name a few. I was just trying to play through and enjoy, without posting everything, but I think it's a little soon to just play it, to be honest.

Peter

(Just moving this to here Peter, as I can see this discussion running for a few pages.)

Yeah there are quite a few things that as you say are very irritating.

For me number one, right at the top of the list is the Intel bug, which for me at any rate is not minor, its a game killer.

Next is minor but I find it irritating is the way the windows, especially the Edit Tasks window is not open where I left it when I quit the game, meaning I have to lay out my screen every time I start the game.
Staying with the Edit Tasks window, it doesn't clear the last order properly, this seems particularly common when ordering artillery bombardments.

Actually I don’t quit the game that often, as it usually crashes before I finish. Not sure exactly why but I think re-attaching artillery is a common cause.

The facing thing has never really bothered me that much.

Dave's support for the game is second to none, so I know we will get there eventually, but I agree there are lots of small things that are annoying enough, that when the game crashes, you are more likely to go to bed than re-start the game.

Maybe that's a good thing considering the late nights I put in lol

john connor

Have posted a new thread about the intel thing (or part of it) with some pictures.

I've come across all the other things you've mentioned too. Must try to isolate and post about them all to assist Dave. I guess Dave doesn't get any time to just play this game, otherwise he too would see all these things quite quickly, if he played a game properly, slowly, himself against the AI, watching everything.

Daz

No, we need to keep him chained to the computer looking at lines, and lines, of interesting code, while we do the important stuff like playing the game :D

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Peter,

Can you please raise me three separate threads for each of your issues.

The selection issue I have noticed. I think it's due to a piece of code designed to cycle through objects under the mouse pointer. I think for some reason it is ignoring the top one. I need to investigate further.

The facing should be stored and reloaded but is obviously not working that way. I'll need to investigate that too.

The group select using Control. I've not encountered or noted a problem here. I will need some specific repeatable steps and a saves to go with them.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Daz,

Yeh I agree that we need to look into the intel. We already have several threads for that.

The game does remember your last positions but only if it doesn't crash. It stores these on closing not continually as you move things about during the game.