Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What's Your Rules

Tom Manning

I,too, disliked the shaked/baked rule..I see where the new beta rules allow the shaken unit OF..If I'm reading the rules right,by rolling a 6....still don't think that's enough..housed ruled it to also include OP at 1/2 FP if a 5 is rolled...works for me...

"I,too, disliked the shaked/baked rule..I see where the new beta rules allow the shaken unit OF..If I'm reading the rules right,by rolling a 6"

I believe you must be GO to qualify for ROF?

Regarding the 'shaked/baked rule' in general:
  • Let's not forget: Para's {or fill in your elite troop here} surrender too...
  • Super Stacks of 3 Crack Infantry that get shaken: sounds like the problem is not the shaken rules but rather bad leadership massing your crack infantry super stack in a vulnerable location...
  • Being taken prisoner by a vehicle crew: The shaken studs don't know it's a vehicle crew. They know they have been wounded, blasted, etc. and are confronted with bad guys with guns. Members of the SAS Bravo Two Zero team in Gulf War I were captured by armed civilians and police. I'd say that's vehicle crew equivalent.
There are some occasions where the shaked/baked rule seems severe, but generally I think bolting on more rules would only be harmful to the system.

Tom Manning

Think this is the revised rule:

Any GO unit marked with a Moved, Low Crawl, Assault Move, Stealth or Fired marker that has a clear LOS to a hex in which an enemy unit expends any amount of MP by any kind of movement other than Low Crawl or Stealth Movement can re at it, provided it roll 6 on 1d6. This is called Reaction Opportunity Fire (ROF) and it follows all the rules for Opportunity Fire, except that it allows units that have already been activated a nal chance to re at moving enemy units and can only be attempted once per turn. Put two Fire counter on units that ROF (only one more if one is alre

Right, it starts with, 'Any GO unit...', GO stands for 'Good Order'.

Per 1.5 there are two morale states: 'Good Order' and 'Shaken', therefore a Shaken unit is not Good Order and would be ineligible under the new rule.

That's the way I read it, anyway.

Tom Manning

"ROF ..Allows units THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED ANOTHER CHANCE TO REACT AT MOVING ENEMY UNITS" Seems clear to me...however, once per turn...per unit per turn...or once per turn,period?
And I feel you are spot on concerning GO vs Broken...

Barthheart

Staff member
"I,too, disliked the shaked/baked rule..I see where the new beta rules allow the shaken unit OF..If I'm reading the rules right,by rolling a 6"

I believe you must be GO to qualify for ROF?

Regarding the 'shaked/baked rule' in general:
  • Let's not forget: Para's {or fill in your elite troop here} surrender too...
  • Super Stacks of 3 Crack Infantry that get shaken: sounds like the problem is not the shaken rules but rather bad leadership massing your crack infantry super stack in a vulnerable location...
  • Being taken prisoner by a vehicle crew: The shaken studs don't know it's a vehicle crew. They know they have been wounded, blasted, etc. and are confronted with bad guys with guns. Members of the SAS Bravo Two Zero team in Gulf War I were captured by armed civilians and police. I'd say that's vehicle crew equivalent.
There are some occasions where the shaked/baked rule seems severe, but generally I think bolting on more rules would only be harmful to the system.

+1
This is exactly why the current rules work so well. They force you to properly protect all your units and stacks. And also not to stack too much. Spread your squads out. If you get a killer stack all shaken and then taken, then you have screwed up, not the game.

Tom Manning

I have no intention of getting into a pissing contest here..and will not..
But,I must ask if this rule is as solid as you say...why did the new rules incorporate the reaction opportunity fire rule?
I just cannot see everyone in an entire squad cowering to the point of not being able to defend themselves ...I don't think there is a narrative one could spin that fully explains a unit not being able to defend themselves in the face of impending doom...

Barthheart

Staff member
Not trying to start a pissing match either.
The "new" rule is just beta and not official. It's also not endorsed by the main rule guru for the series.
It's a time continuum thing everything is happening at once the squad is focused on one target while someone else is moving up on then form a different angle.

But in the end it's your game and you can play it how you like and I'll play how I like it.

Vance