Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

When can we expect the next update?

Wiggum

Hi,

how is the progress with the update going? Its seven days since the last update, LnL Tactical Digital got 4 updates during that time. I understand that the engine used for NAW is maybe not as versatile like Unity.

Just wanted to know how the progress is going and what we can expect from the next update, something major like a Hotseat Mode or a fixed AI? That would be great :)

Daniel Karsai

Hi,
Please refrain from comparing the frequency of updates between the two games, there's a lot to consider and I wouldn't like either game to be judged at a glance.

I'm happy to give you an update on where we are currently:
The next priority is fixing the AI, although I can't say when it will be done just yet, I do have a solid plan for it. It will likely be one big update followed by many smaller ones as players report their observations. Speaking of which, bug reports have become sparse, which I'm proud to say is an indication that the game is now fairly stable, and we are mostly looking at feature requests. I have put all my other work aside to prepare the game for release and fix all critical issues as fast as possible following the launch so that everyone can play. I am just now taking a breather getting back to my usual work schedule, which includes other games and a second job so in the last few days I've been planning the next steps and having discussions with the rest of the team regarding feature requests, as they all need to be evaluated before making a commitment. We have all agreed that hotseat mode should be added, so that will come probably straight after the AI upgrade.

Thank you for your patience

Wiggum

I agree with you that no comparison should be made.
But whats important is communication with the community, especially during EA. If you take a break for a week which is totally understandable maybe just make a post like this to show everyone whats going on, what is being worked on and why it will take longer before a new patch is released.

I think what Daniel posted is great info. I don't think it's required 24 hrly :) but yeah every so often eg 2 weekly would be nice.

JWW

I think posting that status report on the Steam forum would be helpful to the people there who don't look at this forum.

Daniel Karsai

Fair enough, I've made a post on the steam forums as well.
(I also mentioned there that we're seeing activity online but some players have a bit of trouble finding others to play with. Our team is looking at ways to better connect people and for the time being I'd recommend posting your interest to play on the forums or Discord )

secu

Is there still someone working on this game ? I know it's an early access, but currently is useless in solo play.
When I see all the work done on Lock'n load tactical I wonder what' happened with this one.

:cat:

Daniel Karsai

Yes, I'm still working on the game and we're starting development of the next modules as soon as the AI (and probably hotseat mode) have been addressed.
It has been a little while since the last patch for two reasons:
-Fixing the AI is a big task that requires a lot of work that cannot be delivered in smaller chunks
-My time available is very limited, the activity I had around the release required me to put all my other responsibilities on a complete halt and now I'm back to "normal". We are bringing another developer on board for the modules so that they are delivered faster.

A small patch (still without AI fixes) might arrive relatively soon as a number of issues have popped up that need to be sorted out.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Nations at War Digital Update Report.jpg

Nations At War Digital Released a New Update.
Changes 6/7/2020

- Mission briefing will now list platoons with smoke and white phosphorous ability
- Game over screen in "A bloody victory" has been made more descriptive
- Fate and smoke actions are now assigned by a long left click (when planning operations)
- Fixed a bug preventing indirect mortar fire when no other fire missions were possible
- Arrow keys will no longer adjust zoom unexpectedly
- AI will no longer bounce platoons back and forth the same hexes in one impulse.