Where is Trial of Strength?

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by john connor, Sep 19, 2015.

1. john connor

john connor Member

Where's your board game, Dave? I was going to buy it for my 9 year olds birthday, but it doesn't seem to be around. Instead, I got Heroes of the Pacific.

Peter

2. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

Hi John

Well we are behind but the team and Dave have been going over the rules and layout. We are moving forward just slower than we wanted.

David

3. john connor

john connor Member

Thanks David. I look forward to trying Heroes of the Pacific instead!

4. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

As David said we have been working on it this week. I finished my review of the new rules (well the basic section anyway) and we've had a good discussion on the counters. Here's a sample showing the style we have settled on. The whole set now needs to be worked up. We've also settled on the map style and that too needs to now to be finalised. So we are making progress. counter-mockups-v4.jpg

5. john connor

john connor Member

I like the counters. Hope the hexes on the map will be VERY VERY faint indeed, if they really must be there at all, which I guess they must.

Bought Heroes of the Pacific now. It will be the first board game I've tried since I was about ten years old. Hopefully me and Tom (my nine year old) will get hooked on it, ditch our nasty computers for healthy person to person screenless boardgaming, then buy TOS too when it's out. Any ETA?

6. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Well it was supposed to be out well and truly by now but real life and/or competing priorities has intervened for a number of contributors. A lot depends on when the counters and map can be finished. These are out of my hands so I can't really advise. Sorry.