Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Where to buy Command Ops titles?

ru_disa

I have bought Command Ops Battles from the Bulge from Matrix, and I'd like to buy Command Ops Highway to the Reich. Where do I buy it? It's no longer on the Matrix store and if I go on the new Panther Games website, when I click BUY, it redirects me to the Matrix store (where it's no longer being sold).

Thanks!

john connor

There seems to be a sales lacuna, ru-disa, following the change of home. But we have been told that CO2 - a new (and better) iteration of the game engine - will shortly be available in here (for FREE), and with it (to buy) scenario packs including the HTTR pack. So you might have to wait for that to get the Market Garden scenarios. As to when 'soon' is, nobody has said, though I think it's a bad thing for sales and the image of the company generally if it's all left hanging like this and people who want the game, or packs, can't get and have no idea when they will be able to get. I think the best thing would be if someone told us when CO2 was to appear.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys

The announcement was not to leave you hanging. It's intent was to tell you how we plan on making the game available. Dave and I will be talking this week to try and nail a date down. We also will do our best to answer questions as fast as possible. Ru-Disa I will let Dave know about the link issue and we get that fixed.

David

Last edited:
Hi Guys

The announcement was not to leave you hanging. It's intent was to tell you how we plan on making the game available. Dave and I will be talking this week to try and nail a date down. We also will do our best to answer questions as fast as possible. Ru-Disa I will let Dave know about the link issue and we get that fixed.

David

Will the original Command Ops and expansions be released here as well?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
No, due to copyright issues we can't release any of those products. But the engine has evolved and we have updated the data content to work with the new engine. You will be able to buy these in a special bundle deal - see:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/thr...mited-time-offer-bundle-pack-coming-soon.998/

Ah, okay. Shame this isn't coming out around Christmas, don't think I can scrape up the funds for this at any other time of the year. The harrows of being poor and liking one of the most expensive video game genres out there :(.

Would you buy the bundle now even if the engine was only beta. We're almost done but we still have to finish off the scenario selection screen and tweak the performance. We could then release a free patch after Xmas.

Me being able to scrape together 50 dollars by this Christmas isn't guaranteed, but if I did, I would totally buy this early, even with the buggy scenario selection and some less than optimal performance. I know a ton of other people here would be really happy to get their hands on it early too.

But releasing it early may hurt your business. I'm no business major, but usually releasing your game in a buggy state drops sales due to reviews and word of mouth that the game is a bit broken. If you do go with that plan, make sure it is very clear that the product is not quite yet finished, a bit like Steam's early access.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It won't be buggy but just some of the planned features not fully implemented, namely the context images for each of the scenarios and we would have the old scenario list box rather than the scenario selection table we have planned for. We have some new icon options but these have yet to be optimised performance wise. So the game runs slow using these. It runs fine with the traditional icons though.

It won't be buggy but just some of the planned features not fully implemented, namely the context images for each of the scenarios and we would have the old scenario list box rather than the scenario selection table we have planned for. We have some new icon options but these have yet to be optimised performance wise. So the game runs slow using these. It runs fine with the traditional icons though.

I would totally buy it in this state. Those features aren't really a big deal to me. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd assume those features aren't really a big deal to any other players either.

john connor

YES. YES. YES. Release it!!!!! Release the engine!! I'm in.

Can't wait to try Manhay with the new interface! Release for Christmas sound idea indeed - providing it's not buggy, as was said (not because I would mind that but because, as was said, it wouldn't help business). Sounds very releasable to me.

k0enig

Same here, I'm in, release the engine! For the time being I can live without the context images and with the old scenario list! This would make a great christmas gift..

Rob

I can wait for the finished product........ but I certainly empathize with those can't. So go ahead and release a beta early and those of us willing to wait for final will still be here with our credit cards in hand. :)

Rob.

ru_disa

I say realease it. Just call it "Beta" or "Early Access" until it's feature complete and you'll be fine.

papymaj5

I definitely would purchase an early release version!

Last edited:

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys

Just to make sure you have the latest information. Command Ops1 was released by a different publisher and is currently not available. Command Ops2 will be available in January 2015 or very soon after.

David