Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Which DLC titles introduce the StuGIII?

Heinrich505

I'm enjoying the game system and especially the Battle Generator and Scenario Creator. I've tried my hand at creating some scenarios, and was trying to recreate an old ASL scenario I really enjoyed, involving the French assault on the town of Stonne in 1940. The Heroes of Defiance have the French units that are called for in my recreation of the scenario, but do not include any StugIII assault guns. I could substitute some other units but I'd rather not if I can find some StugIII assault guns in another DLC.

At present, the WWII DLC modules I own are Heroes of Defiance and Heroes of North Africa. Neither include the StugIII.

Which available DLC modules include the StugIII assault gun, so I can include those in my collection and would then be able to choose them in creating this scenario?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
According to my unit list:

StuG IIIG is in Heroes of the Motherland (which is currently just Valor of the 13th), Heroes of Normandy, and Battles to the Rhine.

StuG IIIF is in Heroes of the Bitter Harvest.

Heinrich505

Thanks Tom. I'll look into those. I was hoping there would be a short-barrelled 75mm version A-C that saw combat in France, but it looks like the F version with long 75 is the closest for game purposes. I'm surprised that the StugIII is not in the Heroes of Africa module.

kohlenklau

If we have the short barrel "early" StuG then we can do a Wittmann 1941 scenario as well as the scenario behind the iconic BFC CMBB splashscreen image. Plus other early Barbarossa stuff. Is the short barrel 75 PzIV in the game? That should be the same gun performance table <or whatever it is called...I HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN ABOUT THIS GAME, please bear with me>. Grab some new art for the new counter. bada bing bada boom.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Guys, just remember that, at the moment, LNLT Digital is a port from the tabletop version so if it is not in the tabletop version, it is not currently available in LNLT Digital. And there are much more constraints to have something appear in the tabletop version, if only the whole printing process.

kohlenklau

Oh, OK, I see what you mean. Ugggh! The black and white truth.
OK, I did a forum search <in this LnL TD forum> for the word "mod" but had very slim results, nothing very recent. Mostly back when Matrix had just HoS.

So, can these LnL Tactical Digital Games be modded where fans could make and import and use their own art for the counters and user interface art? Try and do our own "Heroes of Indochina"...? or "Heroes of Korea"...as a mod with limitations of course.