Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Which module?

col.sanders

I just have a quick question,I have all the modules except west wall and knock on all doors,since it looks like it might be a long time until Bradley at bay is finished.I'm thinking about getting one of these,does anyone have these mods?and do you have a favorite one.Thanks for any feedback.

I just have a quick question,I have all the modules except west wall and knock on all doors,since it looks like it might be a long time until Bradley at bay is finished.I'm thinking about getting one of these,does anyone have these mods?and do you have a favorite one.Thanks for any feedback.

KOAD is a broad view of the various strategies proposed for the Axis early Wacht am Rhein (Battle of the Bulge) efforts in December 1944. It provides variant views of the command issues during the first two days of combat for Hitler's counterattack with the challenge of attaining the initial goals within the first 48 hours of battle.

The West Front scenarios deal with Allied efforts to breach the Siegfried Line in September - November 1944 at Division, Corps, and Army levels.

Since you already have the other European, Mediterranean, and North Africa scenarios, if you want more options to look at the Axis attack in the the Bulge campaign, KOAD is worthwhile.

If you want to explore another West Front campaign in addition to the ones you already have available, West Wall is worthwhile.

col.sanders

Thanks Jim,I guess what I mean is a more personal perspective of these two mods and why one might prefer one over the other.I'm leaning toward knock on all doors,who i'm I kidding i'll probably get them both in time.

Keydet

I'll make a pitch for KOAD (Heh I designed it. :smuggrin: why wouldn't I)

You might have a lot of fun with two of the three historical 17AM scenarios. Decision at Bullingen and Decision before Clervaux. One you have Peiper mid morning at Bullingen - what if he drove due north for 5 km and cut off 2nd and 99th Inf Div.

The other, what if 2nd Panzer Division looped around instead of bulldozing straight into Clervaux. These will get you used to the scale as well.

I am calling your attention to these rather than the six Knock main scenarios because I just turned in major revisions of these which I presume will be available to previous buyers shortly.

Paul

Reactions: Bie

Keydet

I do not believe (haven't heard anything since uploading the revised KOAD) any of the revisions will be in the module you download today.

The revisions of the maps are minor (you wont notice the map differences unless pointed out to you) compared to the reorg of the units from an operational control perspective to a logistics perspective, changes with the exit objectives and the fuel factor in the estabs (which do effect the historical scenarios). There are many other changes as well.

john connor

Both great. I beta tested both. My personal favourite of ALL CO2 content is Westwall. KOAD scenarios are huge - not in length of time (they're mostly around 2 days) but in numbers of units. And obviously Koad builds on maps and scenarios that you already have in a certain form from other modules. So if you like managing that number of forces, on maps you're already familiar with, but in greater detail, then KOAD is for you. Westwall has scenarios that are for me a really nice size (tastes vary on this, obviously), with very beautiful and detailed new maps. Whilst there are a couple of very large scenarios most are medium sized. They are also more dynamic, I think. Or at least there are more dynamic possibilities - whereas with Koad you probably already know the historical set-up which will confine either side to having a tough, tight time at various points, even with 'what-if' variants thrown in. For me some of the most enjoyable scenarios I've played in CO2 are the Dutch scenarios in Westwall. Depends largely in where your interests lie. Tastes vary.

Last edited:

col.sanders

Thanks John,yeah that might be a good idea ,maybe go with westwall and wait for the koad updates.I should just wait for Bradley at bay but i'm starting to get that wargamer bug where i need to download some new content.I don't have all the wargames I want but I have more than i need kinda thing.