Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Why is my order postponed forever?

john connor

Couple of possibilities. 1. Did you check command capacity for the highest HQ on the map (the on-map boss)? If you exceed it then orders delay times increase, sometimes dramatically. You add to it every time you give individual direct orders taking units out of the control of their organic superiors. Normally this can happen as the game progresses and you issue more and more orders, without occasionally rationalising the command structure and reattaching where you can to bring units back within the control of their organic superiors and off the on-map boss load. 2. How long into the game are you tallking about? Some scenarios have very long initial reduced orders delays (sometimes amounting to no orders delay for many hours) but as the scenario progresses these gradually return to the normal orders delay.

simovitch

I think the OP is talking about how the estimated start time of the order keeps advancing along with the game clock, giving the impression that the order will never execute. I've wondered about this as well and I too would like an explanation.

Kolbex

I have just now noticed this in the Return to St. Vith scenario. The reinforcements for Day 2 have arrived as of a couple of hours ago, and I gave move orders to 10th Armored Infantry and 8th Tank Battalions (if I recall) to move them closer to the action, and a while later got a notification that both move orders "failed" to be executed, for no reason that I can see. So, I set them again, and when I looked at the order for the 10th I noticed that its estimated start time was advancing along with the clock, so it will seemingly never be executed.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I emailed you a save on the 29th. Did you get it?
If you are Adam then yes I got it. It's a good idea if you ever send me anything again to put your forum nic (user ID) in the emeail and a link to the forum post, so I can track it down.

I haven't got to this yet. I'm knee deep in other coding at the moment - see my recent SITREP. I need to work my way through these issues first. Then I'll take a look at yours. Thanks for following up. Stay tuned.

Kolbex

Not a problem. I realized there wasn't much to link the email to these posts, so I figured I'd say something.