Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Why so quiet?

Maurice Fitzgerald

Staff member
Website
moesgametable.com
Who else out there plays Space Infantry? Do you play just the base game or do you also use the expansion? Do you use any other mods? Create any?

I'm getting ready to start up a campaign so I can learn the units that are created in the base game and maybe create one or two of my own, has anyone else done this?

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
I played it when the base game first came out, and then had to put it aside due to other projects. I just recently picked it up again and played the first scenario twice. Got crushed once, and came very close to a win in the other. I really like the game mechanics and the solo opponent. I don't feel like the game AI is either too hard or too easy, and represents a good live opponent. Some solo games have an AI that just doesn't seem to click with me. This one works for me. Now if I can just figure out how to win for once.

I hope an iPad version of this will be offered at some point. I think it would help speed up game play a lot, and make the game even more enjoyable.

Maurice Fitzgerald

Staff member
Website
moesgametable.com
An ipad version would be nice but I'm really taken with playing board games solo, the whole tactile feel of picking up and moving pieces.

I got hammered my first time through S001 with bad chit pulls and the second time made it through fine. Then I did the advanced rules and again, bad chits kicked my ass but I was able to pull both missions 1 & 2 out in the last two turns respectively. Definitely down to the wire action, lots of fun. Wanted to see if anyone else had played around with mods to increase the tension and fun, I've got a couple of ideas I may try but I need to work on getting the flow of play 100% down before I try tinkering with anything.

David Lowry

I have been playing it but only the base game so far. But when ever I post it, it gets lots of response so I know we need to keep pushing it!

Ken Warren

I'm interested in the base game, but unfortunately it's not available. This one looks quite interesting, particularly for the solo play (I play other game solo, too, but SI is designed for it).

David Lowry

Ken,

I have played this a few times and really dug it solo. Hopefully it will be available again soon!

Gottardo Zancani

Designer / Developer
Website
zak965.it