Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Will this situation be fixed by the new patch?

JArraya

Can anyone please explain why I am getting a message saying supply from this source is blocked? There are no enemy anywhere near.

Attachments

• Supply Broken.JPG
    Supply Broken.JPG
    451 KB · Views: 23
Can anyone please explain why I am getting a message saying supply from this source is blocked? There are no enemy anywhere near.
The intel you get on enemy units dispositions shows only those units which can be detected by your forces.

The intel you get on supply lines indicates the status of the last supply effort attempted by your forces.

A red straight line indicates that at some point during the last supply run, the "convoy" carrying supplies was interdicted along the selected route for moving supplies from the base to friendly forces.

Based on the map, I'd guess that the interdicted route went somewhere near the wooded area on the map and was fired upon by enemy forces hidden in that area.

In this instance, you have a few options.

1) If you want to free up a route, scout the woods for enemy forces and push them further away from the likely paths between your supply base and the stranded units.

2) Wait for the next supply run to take place and allow the base and HQ to coordinate a different route, which will eliminate the original interdicted route, and scout for a safer route based on the intel available before the supply run is initiated.

3) Move the out of supply units toward units which remain in supply, ideally eliminating the need for the any new route to traverse areas where an enemy could lurk to interdict the next supply run.

JArraya

Thanks for the message. I understand the detection issue. I should have clarified that the image I show is after I pressed surrender and this is the end game situation showing all the units. I did this right after the supply run at 21:00.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
To my knowledge, there will be no changes associated with the supply this patch, unless Dave has fixed something silently along the way. However, I do have a list of things to address about supplies in my backlog, so we may take a look at this one, too. Do you have save and/or recordings available? Please zip and attach if yes. Is it version 5.1.31 (Steam) or 5.1.28 (LnL)?

JArraya

Save game attached.
Version 5.1.31 Steam

Attachments

• Game 2.zip
    282.2 KB · Views: 1

JArraya

I did think that could be possible but it doesn't make much sense because this also happens at night when the visibility is down below 100m.

JArraya

Same situation again, repeated. I stopped the game and reviewed the final situation when it happened. There is no way this unit's supply should be blocked.
In my opinion this is a very serious, game affecting bug which needs immediate attention, as it's happening several times per game.

Attachments

• Blocked supply why.JPG
    Blocked supply why.JPG
    938.6 KB · Views: 18

john connor

I can't see much from your picture, JArraya. Supply easily gets blocked from 'across the flot' in game. I've raised this with Dave many times over the years, and there have been many tweaks. It's difficult to get right the effect of enemy firepower coming from in front of units stopping supply units getting in behind those units, I feel. But you certainly don't have to have enemy troops behind your flot to have your supply lines coming out of the flot interdicted by fire. The enemy in the pic certainly looks close enough, to me, for this to happen (there's at least a mortar unit in range, right?). I agree, however, that it shouldn't happen in night conditions. Can you post the save here so I can have a look using the devbuild, please, so I can see exactly what the enemy is doing? If I can get it working with the latest devbuild, which has some issues. We're only a week away from a new beta build, of course...