Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Will upcoming patch require past scenarios to be upgraded?

simovitch

...They can be of similar quality to commercial scenarios.

Sorry but I have been with the team since 2005 and I have yet to see a single user-made scenario ever come close to stock-quality. Even some of the ones that come to me from Panther's DDT require several hours of cleanup and repair. I am still hopeful that one day I will see otherwise.

Kurt

NO.We only want practical things.
Since " AlphaGo " beat the worlds best human ( Chinese ) player at Go ( Orient strategy game ) the Chinese and South Korean's have invested heavily in AI / intelligent systems . The Chinese military have / are researching " computer combat simulations " , " tactical advisor algorithms " and other computer / AI assisted military applications . CO2 comes under this genre , it was originally created as a military aid , not a game . It is therefore a " practical thing " . It is interesting that you say " We " , are you in the military ?

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
Since " AlphaGo " beat the worlds best human ( Chinese ) player at Go ( Orient strategy game ) the Chinese and South Korean's have invested heavily in AI / intelligent systems . The Chinese military have / are researching " computer combat simulations " , " tactical advisor algorithms " and other computer / AI assisted military applications . CO2 comes under this genre , it was originally created as a military aid , not a game . It is therefore a " practical thing " . It is interesting that you say " We " , are you in the military ?
"CO2" focuses on the characteristics of World War II, making the military not interested in this "simulation software".We are more optimistic about the "Point of Attack 2" that simulation software.

Kurt

Interesting , I will take a look at " Point of Attack " , who makes that game ?

Kurt

Do you have an English translation of your name ? Just being friendly . :D

Kurt

"CO2" focuses on the characteristics of World War II, making the military not interested in this "simulation software".We are more optimistic about the "Point of Attack 2" that simulation software.
Just watching the game intro on Utube . Do you have an English translation of your name ? Gong workers Hee Yun , so you are Hee Yun ? 少尉
少尉熙雲 ? Artisan / craftsman , is that your social / class group ? Just being friendly and curious :D

Last edited:

Kurt

Point of Attack 2.5 looks interesting , I may buy it to evaluate , particularly the AI . It is still a hex based game so not as sexy as CO2 .

Kurt

Just watching the game intro on Utube . Do you have an English translation of your name ? Gong workers Hee Yun , so you are Hee Yun ? 少尉
少尉熙雲 ? Artisan / craftsman , is that your social / class group ? Just being friendly and curious :D
你不会聊天吗?

Kurt

Point of Attack 2.5 looks interesting , I may buy it to evaluate , particularly the AI . It is still a hex based game so not as sexy as CO2 .
POA 2.5 looks uninspiring , guess i will keep my $60 .

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com

XiYun is OK.

I do not like "POA2.5" just because it's a turn-based game.
However, its simulation of "C3I" and the simulation of modern warfare deserve "CO2" for reference.
I am in China, there are time lags, no way to quickly reply.

Kurt

XiYun is OK.

I do not like "POA2.5" just because it's a turn-based game.
However, its simulation of "C3I" and the simulation of modern warfare deserve "CO2" for reference.
I am in China, there are time lags, no way to quickly reply.
The CO2 engine could quite easily be adapted to modern warfare if it had serious cash investment . The engine is unique and powerful , I have played and modded many military computer games but none like this . Hex based , turn based games do not reflect real time warfare , they are just a legacy of cardboard counter games from the late 1970's . Xi Yun , with Chinese investment just imagine what Dave & CO2 could become .:joyful:

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
The CO2 engine could quite easily be adapted to modern warfare if it had serious cash investment . The engine is unique and powerful , I have played and modded many military computer games but none like this . Hex based , turn based games do not reflect real time warfare , they are just a legacy of cardboard counter games from the late 1970's . Xi Yun , with Chinese investment just imagine what Dave & CO2 could become .:joyful:
The military likes "finished works." Do not like "works with potential." The army is not a businessman.