Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Woa! How do they move so fast?

Guy Miller

I've noticed this oddity a few times in different scenarios...

Currently I am playing through Spearhead v Reich and while taking and/or defending an objective, an enemy tank or motorized unit, and sometimes even infantry, will move so quickly I have no hope of even responding to it. it comes out of nowhere and suddenly is a major problem. It moves 7x faster than anything else on the board.

Anyone notice this?

simovitch

It's been that way since the early days. They are not really moving that fast, it just a fog of war quirkiness.

john connor

We've been told previously that it's meant to represent the updating of info (and hence, as Richard says, is a fow effect) I guess the alternative might be to teletransport them to the new contact position, but then you might miss it. At least with the fast movement you know the intel on the unit has changed.

Guy Miller

makes sense, ok. yes it's much better than teleportation.

I don't really mind it, I figured it was something like that. The only frustration is that even if I have forces set up for ambush and the facing is correct, I can't get a shot of at the fast moving unit.

Not a big deal though, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Kurt

Ambush dose not always go to plan in the real world , sometimes it backfires and the ambush-er gets a kicking , I do remember an entire rifle platoon fell asleep whilst in ambush position ! Just as well it was an exercise .:dead: