World War 1

Discussion in 'LnLT Feature Requests' started by Ron Belcher, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Ron Belcher

Ron Belcher Member

Would be an interesting area for LnLPT to do. Some trench warfare, air warfare (Blue Max-style),
    campaigns going from a certain date structure onward (can your platoon survive?).

2. Rydo

Rydo Member

I remember i read once that Jeff was curious about the subject. Also, i saw some counters ( four of them, one was a leader, then heroes and maybe a tank? ) from WW1 drawn by Ln'L Artist David Julien on his facebook page but i suppose they were made for fun ( where they? ).

I think it could work if you're gonna take the last year and include some hypothetical stuff.

I can immagine a city scenario between Canadiands and Germans in Amiens. Some Argonne Forest action between the Americans and the Germans.

It would sure be interesting, maybe more coherent as an expansion for an existing module than a core module by itself.

Only time will tell! :cigar:

3. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

Guys, I do not see a WW1 game happening any time soon.

David

4. Ron Belcher

Ron Belcher Member

Ok, David. I guess what brought it to mind was that my last US Navy ship I served on was the USS Belleau Wood LHA-3.
    The ship was named after the World War 1 Battle in France. Yet, if anyone knew of the future with a WW1 LnLPT game,
    it is you. This topic is closed. ;) Thanks for your response. Meanwhile, back to liberating France! ;)

5. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

Hey, I don't mind the topic at all and feel free to discuss it. I just don't everything getting exciting and we just can't do it soon.

David

Ron Belcher likes this.
  6. Ron Belcher

Ron Belcher Member

All is understandable. :) And felt good to toss the thought onto the gaming table. ;)