Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WW2 Era Sequence Guide Errata?

gashlycrumb

Page 15 of the WW2 Era Sequence Guide, Onboard Mortars, step 6 states "Onboard Mortars can fire directly at targets or indirectly with a GO Leaders/Scouts LOS and Spotted. Mortars don't need LOS or be spotted." I think this might be an erratum as I'm not entirely sure what the first sentence means. And the second sentence appears to contradict the 4.1 rules for section 18.1. The 4.1 Rules for Onboard Mortars, [18.1] page 48, states that both direct and indirect fire require a target to be spotted.

1) So which is correct, in terms of spotting requirements, the Sequence Guide or RAW 4.1? Do Onboard Mortars require a spotted target for both direct and indirect fire?

Also, I've done a text search of the 4.1 rules pdf but I cannot find anything in RAW for the following description in the Sequence Guide, page 4, Heroes 11.2. Step 1 states that Heroes can "Assault Move with full FP."

2) Can Heroes Assault Move and then fire for full FP or is this an erratum?
3) Where is this stated in RAW 4.1?

Thanks!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1) The RAW
2) Heroes assault move with full FP (but get the -2 modifier for assault moving)
3) Except when firing a SW (4th paragraph under 1.6), heroes always use their full FP, even in multiple attacking units stack (1st paragraph under 5.2; last sentence of page 21; 6th paragraph under 11.2)

gashlycrumb

Thanks ever so much for help Stéphane, I really appreciate it!

And for 2) and 3), I misinterpreted the Sequence Guide. I thought the Guide was saying that an Assaulting Hero can fire without the -2 Assault Movement FP penalty. Thanks for clearing that up!

Qwirz

Anyway I think the sequence guide refers to the fact that firing indirectly, the mortar does NOT need to spot the target but the Spotter DOES.

1. I think like Qwirz. Mortars direct firing have to do it against hexes which they have LOS, but when they indirect fire is the spotter the one that has to have LOS to that hex. In any of these cases, the target hex has to be always Spotted.

2. and 3. Well, "Heroes assault move with full FP"... Maybe the phrase is vague because a lonely MMC also assault moves with full FP. And as Tanguay says, the Heroes always attack with full IFP (exception made if they carry SWs). I don't really know what the phrase is trying to indicate.

Jeff Lewis

What is the "Sequence Guide"?

Seriously. I have no idea what you are referring to.

Jeff Lewis

Okay. Well, I've never seen that document. I know Dave put a lot of fan-made items up in the resources; he probably mentioned it/them to me at some point but I've been busy with getting the games developed. These were not edited or proofed by me. If there are inconsistencies in them always defer to the v4.1 rules.