Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WWI LnLT

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
It's been talked about, but I do not see us doing this anytime soon. Now if some gamers have a design or a modified version of LnLT that could get it done.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. I wonder how many others out there would have an interest? There's other squad level WWI games out there, so there is an interest, in general.

I Remember mentioning WW I LnL on the old site, with all the 100th anniversary stuff on if development had started a couple of years ago it could have been launched and marketed nicely during the anniversary period.

Much of the WW II technology in LNL already goes back to WW I bolt action rifles, cavalry, tripod HMGs etc.

I think if you aimed at the mobile ware fare of 1914 or 1918 on the western front you could also come up with interesting (and colourful for 1914) scenarios. Eastern front is a blow out as generally Russians kick AustroHungarian Arse or Germans kick Russian arse.

Anyway would be a cool addition to the range but I won't hold my breath...:)...

Cheers!

Jeff Lewis

It would be fun to try, the problem is that with it being so much static trench warfare and mass assaults, it would be difficult to work out how this would be effective at a Squad level, since we usually have, at most, a company on the Map per side. And it would get repetitive. The early mobile war could work. It's not out of my mind . . . just quite a few other things way ahead of it.

Good to hear WW I may be covered at some point, I'm not pushing for it but 1914 or 1918 scenarios would fit the bill as per my earlier post...I'm more interested to know when my Heroes of NA will arrive...:)...

Rydo

At the very end of the war in 1918 there were used some squad tactics. But most scenarios will probably be all trech assaults or city fights.
It could work i think, at the end or mid 1918 we have airplanes, tanks and squads.
But there are few scenarios avaible i think, maybe Mose-Argonne or Spring offensive only.

Cottonbaler

I think a more interesting candidate would be the Polish-Soviet War -- the "Miracle on the Vistula" -- immediately following WWI (1919-1921). Same weapons as WWI but a war of movement.