Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Yep me again - Don't agree with adding bases for all Soviet HQ levels

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
FYI Battle of Chir was a part of the official EF scenario pack being developed in 2000s.
IIRC several scenarios were finished and brought to the playable state back then.
At least, this is 40km x 60km map I still have stored on my PC from these times.
1638892991583.png

Grognerd

Well that's a darn nice map, I will say. Little bit smaller scale with more detail than mine. I did post my source map for my map.

Grognerd

You know, ioncore you folks need to resurrect the East Front stuff, looks so good. Yes dismounted operation would do it justice, but don't let that stop you.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Just was thinking the Soviets tended to be one echelon lower in their military - Army=corp, Corp=Division etc. Was thinking maybe their depots followed the same rule. If it doesn't work I already have the lower echelons in the Estab file.
The quick answer is no.

Seems like Corps level and Army level supplied the line forces - One could say that Brigade/Rgt level is just an extension of Corp and Army, maybe so.
No, in general case this is an incorrect assumption.
The only Soviet command level that had no integral supply capability (and was supplied by Army assets) was Rifle Corps.
The rest of levels (Front, Army, Tank/Mech Corps, Rifle Division, Tank/Rifle Brigade and Tank/Rifle Regiment) had their own supply assets.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
If they're any links to online information, I'd like to get them for a WWII OOB bookmark list I keep.
There is none, as this is a part of my personal archival studies.
I have always been obsessed with the evolution of Soviet ToEs, and over the 20 years I have been working in Russian archives I have collected over 27 000 pages of the authentic Soviet ToE tables from 1927 to 1945.
I do post some ToE data in my blog (in Russian) occasionally, but this is mostly Barbarossa- and pre-Barbarossa focused.

There is none, as this is a part of my personal archival studies.
I have always been obsessed with the evolution of Soviet ToEs, and over the 20 years I have been working in Russian archives I have collected over 27 000 pages of the authentic Soviet ToE tables from 1927 to 1945.
I do post some ToE data in my blog (in Russian) occasionally, but this is mostly Barbarossa- and pre-Barbarossa focused.
OK, thanks.

My US Army professional work involved analyzing and adding new equipment support requirements or decrementing obsolete equipment support in existing TO&Es. Became a fan of how technology transformed standard military formations over their history.

While the era you collected the TO&Es from would be of interest, I'd be more oriented toward the moves and countermoves of the US and Soviet forces during the time I worked.

I belonged to the Combat Developers side of research, developing support for designs to address the threat defined by the Doctrine Community.

Grognerd

In case you're in need of a detailed answer (e.g. actual ToE of Soviet supply units e.g. at Rgt/Bde/Div level) just let me know.
Sorry I took a day or two to get back - I had to read the last book of the expanse series, 9 years later and that one is now put to bed.

Well your offer is much appreciated, I would like to compare the real data with my abstracted efforts. Every little bit to make the scenarios have an authentic feel is appreciated.