Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Zoom Levels + Window positions

Thomasew

Hi,

Well, .. I've just finished downloading and installing Command Ops 2 and all the data packs .. :happy:

The game really needs scaleable zoom levels, .. or more zoom-in levels. :woot:

I play at 2560x1440, .. and even at maximum zoom in, .. it's difficult trying to make out any info on the units etc.. o_O

The current Maximum zoom out is kinda pointless at high res, .. as, ... as an example, .. the St. Vith map is slightly larger than a postage stamp on my screen. o_O

I enjoy playing at high res, .. as it allows me to position, .. the various pop-out screens/windows, around the periphery of my monitor, .. and not interfere with the map and gameplay. :happy:

Thanks and Regards
Tom

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
There was an issue we had identified in our private beta testing where if you select a dialog and them moved the mouse over the map it would fail to respond to the scroll wheel of the mouse - ie zoom in or out. I believe I had fixed that. Can you please confirm whether you can get this to repeat and very specifically describe the exact sequence that brings it about. It would be much appreciated.

MikeGER

I think its best fitting inhere, so i use this thread:

the counters are so small even in the highest zoom-in magnification
Dave, is there a way (or a workaround) to increase their size dislayed on my screen?

IIRC, in the last installment of the game i used a lower resolution then that native to my LCD, but this workaround seems to doesn't work anymore to get the chits displayed a litle larger. (and its worth to mention that supporting a custom text size Windows-OS setting of 125% -discussed in the bug thread- is also highly appreciated)

I think i am not the only one in the general Command Ops wargaming community (age group) with increasing bad eye sight over all those years
wink.gif

so maybe an 'Enlarged Chits'-option is also an idea to add to the feature list for a (free) 2.01 patch or the (charged) 2.1 version

Regards
Mike

Konrad_Novak

I second that. Small counters lead to worse sight and bad back (as I try to make them out by unconsciously moving my head closer to the monitor). Dave, please make an option to double or even triple their size.

MikeGER

I second that. Small counters lead to worse sight and bad back (as I try to make them out by unconsciously moving my head closer to the monitor). Dave, please make an option to double or even triple their size.

Konrad i found a workaround myself in the meantime.
The Windows magnifying glass fubction works pretty well with CO2 and has a fullscreen mode
I posted details in this LnL Forum thread

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/thr...d-in-microsoft-windows-display-settings.1312/

Konrad_Novak

Thanks for the answer, MikeGer! I didn't know that I could use a hotkey for that. It's MUCH better than magnifying glass I remember (the one which devoted only a portion of the screen to the enlarged image). I'll definitely use it.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
BTW there is an option to turn off the Autoscaling of force icons. Open the Options window by selecting Option from the Menu on the display toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Then click on the AutoscaleForce Icon option to uncheck it.
Autoscale Forces.jpg

MikeGER

force
BTW there is an option to turn off the Autoscaling of force icons.
View attachment 1199

Its about unit-icon size to inconvenient tiny (for some customers eyes) even in the largest zoomed-in level

on my common size 27 inch LED monitor with a native resolution of 1920 x1080 the force icon of a CO2 unit get displayd with a side lenght of 10.06 mm
for comparison the generic smallest counter of a Lock n Load board games has a side lenght of 5/8'' = 15,87 mm

that's the problem

MikeGER

Sure !

but better make it an option, so that the game experience for young bucks ;-) with perfect eyesight is not spoiled