Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

5.1.24: Objective Bug

MarkShot

I just took Steinebruck. Now, I did wait a few minutes to see what the UI would do. Here is what it did:

(1) CORRECT: The objective perimeter turned green.

(2) BUG: The regular messages at the top did not inform of this change in state.

(3) BUG: The objective in the Objective Window did not turn green. It only turned green after I clicked on it.

MarkShot

Here the scenario started at 6am. You can see that I have the objective, but no message.

bugobj.jpg

MarkShot

BTW, I know I have seen this behavior before where UI elements were not updating until you clicked on something (probably back in COTA).

I also saw a case where the OB window did not update, should be empty until I click on something. The unit count was 0, but there where still units displayed in the window.

MarkShot

The bug happened a second time at Lommersweiler. I was expecting it, but NVidia card seems unable to record videos from this game or desktop. Thus, I have nothing to show. But I have a save game about 15 minutes before it happens.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I took the decision re the OB dialog not to update if you click off. It does update if you click on another unit. This option allows you to select other objects on the map, like crossings and still retain the info in the OB display.

MarkShot

But the objectives with no message and no window update is really a bug. It's the only way one has to know what is happening in parts of the battle not currently under current observation.

MarkShot

Playing Manhay Crossroads. I am getting the message in this one, but still no window update.

bug0001.jpg

MarkShot

I will have to check my backups for a file.

You will not need a perfect save as you can just order units holding an objective to vacate it and come back again. (That should be sufficient.) I will search later.