Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Lee Thompson, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Lee Thompson

Lee Thompson Member

I have downloaded the sword to caen scenarios + map etc, but it states that I require vers 5.1.31, I only have 5,1,28. - Tried to update command Ops but it says I have the latest version! - where is the updatelocated, any pointers will be of assistance!

2. col.sanders

col.sanders Member

You have to get 5.1.31 thru steam at the moment,you'll have steam keys from your account here.

3. Lee Thompson

Lee Thompson Member

Will it be sent out as an update to all as l dont have a steam account?

4. col.sanders

col.sanders Member

Dave is working on a total update, not sure when that will be released might be awhile.

5. Bie

Bie Member

The Steam account and application are both free. The Command Ops 2 base game is freely downloadable through the Steam application. It automatically keeps the game up to date, which is always a plus.

As Col. Sanders already mentioned: every Co2 official module you already own can be unlocked through steam keys available through the the LnL site.

6. Lee Thompson

Lee Thompson Member

Well I have managed to get a steam account on my desktop hoping that I could transfer the updated file to my laptop (where the current CO2 game was downloaded and is situated but was unable to save the updated exe file to desktop and transfer. Why doesn't he have steam on his laptop I hear you ask, well I had a bad experience with Steam and try to limit my use with it, and as a result I would rather download/buy games from OEM which was the case here - and from what you are saying seems to be my downfall.

Secondly - what is the point of having a desktop shortcut for updates if you are only updating via steam - seems pointless really

7. Bie

Bie Member

I can respect that decision. What problem did you have with Steam if I may ask?

8. Lee Thompson

Lee Thompson Member

I would try to log on and it didn't recognize me and/or my password or it would take forever to log on - so just got fed up with it, admittingly that was a few years ago because my recent experience was a lot better, but would still like to see an update via the shortcut downloaded with the game directly from LNL.

9. col.sanders

col.sanders Member

I understand Lee,I have 2 versions one here and one on steam,I think the updater will be changed somewhat on here,but i don't think it will become a total steam thing.I have many games on steam and so far have no problems with it,if steam fails i have my version here.

10. ultradave

ultradave Member

I have 2 versions now. I had always bought from the seller. I just set up everything on steam so that I'd have access to the newer version. All I had to do was keep entering Steam license keys for the modules I already had. And then copy the user created ones to the right places in Steam (not too hard - no worse than doing it the first time in my "regular" installation.