Bridge LOS

MCabido

10.3 states: "LOS is NOT BLOCKED or degraded by small pieces of terrain that extends from the firing unit's or the target's hex into an adjacent hex."
10.3.2 states: "LOS that crosses a Wall or Hedge hexside from the same Level to the same Level is blocked if neither the firing unit nor the target unit is in a hex containing the Wall or Hedge hexside [...]"

I'm having some trouble figuring out LOS across bridge wall. The Terrain chart states: "If LOS crosses the Bridge bordering a Wall, the TM and LOS restrictions are the same as Wall."

I'm not sure I understand the "bridge bordering a wall" statement, but I always interpreted as crossing a bridge side wall or even LOS crossing the bridge in such a way that LOS isn't traced down the length of the bridge. So I have been playing in such a way that 1 allows LOS to F4, but the unit in F4 has the TM benefit; 2 doesn't allow LOS to F4, since the LOS crosses the bridge sidewall in E4 (I don't know if 10.3 comes into play here); 3 doesn't allow LOS from H5 to E6 and 4 allows LOS from F5 to G3. I would like to know if I'm doing it wrong in any of those instances.

Attachments

• LnLBridge.png
    LnLBridge.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 4

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I think it should be the wall bordering a bridge :)

Bridge LOS is a very tricking thing. I tend to "see" each hex bridge as if the wall was actually following the hexside when it comes to firing on a unit on the bridge. For exemple, if a unit was in F4, I would look at it as if there was wall along the following hex sides: E3/F4, E4/F4, F4/G3, F4/G4. It simplify things a lot.