Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Desert Heat Variant Scenario: Tigers in defense at Ousseltia by (Renato Niemis)

Jay Townsend

Desert Heat Variant Scenario: Tigers in defense at Ousseltia by (Renato Niemis)

Renato made and interesting scenario over on BGG: Tiger Scenario 2. Defending. | BoardGameGeek

So I had some time this morning to give it a try. The Germans setup on the main hill on map 12 blocking the two victory objects for both sides. The Americans need to borrow three Sherman tanks from the British counter mix in Desert Heat or take them from White Star Rising if you want them from the same nationality, also one Stuart Tank counter, as there is not enough in the mix.

The Americans have a larger force but only one HQ & command chit and I recommend you extend the command range to 5 hexes to keep most of them under control. They also have three Bombardments and air-support. The Germans can setup their anti-air flak unit adjacent to their stronger Tiger Tanks to counter American air-support and they have three HQs & command chits and terrain to offset any advantages the American might have had. They can also adjust better to the American attacks and spread-out more, as they have three battlegroups to the American’s one.

My game pretty much ended by turn 12 of the 14 turn scenario, as the Americans took a beating trying to get to their victory objectives and could not do it, handing the Germans a Major Victory. Fun to play but after one gameplay, I think it favors the Germans.