Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Enhanced Run Until feature

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
There have many calls for an enhanced Run Until feature that would stop the game not just at a specified time but at some specified event - eg when reinforcements arrive. So my question to you all is: what specific events would you like to see this working for?

I'll start the ball rolling.

• At specified time (already does this)
  • On reinforcement arrival

kylania

Specific Waypoint Reached
Specific Order Completed
Specific Objective Completed
When a new unit is detected (or when intelligence level of a contact becomes Good or whatever)
When an airstrike is available (I always miss this! heh)
Tea time (when playing the Brits!)

TMO

I'd go for when reinforcements arrive and when air strikes come in.
Regards
Tim

Kurt

When an objective is lost / threatened
First light / last light
bridge construction complete
Friendly supply interdicted

Rob

There have many calls for an enhanced Run Until feature that would stop the game not just at a specified time but at some specified event - eg when reinforcements arrive. So my question to you all is: what specific events would you like to see this working for?

I'll start the ball rolling.

• At specified time (already does this)
  • On reinforcement arrival

Hi,

That depends on whether or not it will be presented in tandem with triggers and/or sequential tasking....... and what they will look like.

At a very high level it would be stop at certain triggers or task completion(s) or task non-completion (for a variety of reasons).

In terms of CO2 as it is today then I would add airstrikes and loss or gain of VP locations to the list. This last primarily for the bigger scenarios where the player can't directly oversee everything.

Good stuff! :)

Rob.

Daz

• On completion of an artillery fire mission. Can look for another target, if there is enough ammunition.
  • When a formation enters the assault phase of its attack order. So I can watch its progress.
  • Once orders delay has ended for a movement order, and the new route has been calculated. So I can check its not being sent via some crazy route. Especially handy when near rivers.
  • When a unit is forced to retreat. Will help to find where things are starting to go bad.

What the others have said above :happy: