Extend Command Ops 2 over 2 Monitors?

Discussion in 'CO2 - Game Support' started by Tzar007, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Tzar007

Tzar007 Member

Is there anyway to extend Command Ops 2 over two monitors instead of being restricted to one? Most programs I would simply drag the top title bar across my second monitor, but CO2 doesn't seem to have an option to run into windowed mode?

2. john connor

john connor Member

Whenever I've done it I've kept the main window on one monitor and moved all the smaller windows to the second. This works by just dragging and dropping the smaller windows. As far as I know, you can't re-size the main window across 2 screens.

Tzar007 likes this.
  3. Tzar007

Tzar007 Member

That's clever, I actually didn't think about moving the dialog boxes over to my second monitor but you're right, they do move across. Well, that's freeing up enough real estate for now, thanks for the tip! Still, I hope that eventually we could extend the map over multiple monitors, that would come in handy over large maps.

4. john connor

john connor Member

Should warn you - unless it's been fixed (which I don't recall) the program remembers your last windows set up, regardless of how many screens you use, so if you put all your info windows on a second screen, then start up next time on just a single screen, the program will still think all those windows are on the second screen. It wont see that theres no second screen. So all those windows will be invisible if you're now on a single screen. Only way around it is to manually drag all those windows back to your main screen (when you've got 2 screens up, and can see them). Annoying. Unless it's been fixed, but I don't recall a fix.

5. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

The code checks the virtual system height and width and if the value stored in the prefs is not within bounds he displays the dialog at 0,0. so check under any dialog you already have there.

6. Tzar007

Tzar007 Member

OK thanks for the warning. I play only on my main system with dual monitors so I'll be OK but that's good to know they could be "hiding" beneath" the first dialog if you switch to one monitor only.