Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.10 - Facing graphics issues

john connor

facing 1.png

facing 2.png

Sorry. ignore the comment about the extended icon info not matching in the last slide. My error. It matches. Second slide just to show how if you select F5 then it nevertheless shows strength on max zoom.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I have found out why the info box was not showing the facing despite Facing being the selection option. This was due to some code Miquel had put in the Draw code to not have arty units draw their facing. I can only presume his reasoning for this was that they tend to change facing based on the direction of fire. Regardless the test he was using was if the unit had arty ammo. Well lots of units do like mech inf. So this was firing for units you would not consider artillery as such. I have removed the errant code and it now works fine.

FIXED

I still have to sort out why the facing setting is not stored and /or reset correctly after loading a save.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
All right I believe I have just fixed the other part of this issue, which was the facing not being retained after loading a save. In fact the save worked fine. The problem was in the loading. The line to copy the facing had been left out.

FIXED

john connor

Excellent, Dave. Many thanks. Swift progress, though I still feel sorry for you, as I'm sure that doing this cannot but be anything but gruelling and dull work.

You won't have had time to read any AARs whilst you're losing your eyesight chained to a monitor or two, but both Daz and I have come across what appear to be 'formation lock-ups' which we have mentioned in AARs. Very irritating, as thought to have been put to bed long ago. What can I do to assist with them, if you're interested?

Peter

john connor

Ok. When I start on the AAR again (once this build is applied) then I'll try to capture it and send.

Peter