FIXED 5.0.14 - Small Bases still holding out too long

BigDuke66

Well if you want a fast shot I can say that "small units" still sometimes play supermen.
I have a save and replayed and now a few times, interesting what you can sometimes see.
Sometimes the Allied 7 Armored Division Train block all German units advancing there, sometimes German units drive over it and proceed like nothing, sometimes the unit surrenders.
Either the FOW tells me total crap about that train or all these trucks in it lead to a marvelous traffic jam and that ruins my advance on that road, not that it's totally unrealistic that a lot of trucks left behind would slow down the German advance but I guess that is not really simulated currently in the engine and so there is still a problem with small units surviving for too long.

Besides that I see only very few men in that unit but a huge amount of vehicles, but doesn't the men count include the drivers?
If so I'm clueless how they get ahead at all with 20 men but over 130 trucks.

Attachments

• AutoSave #4.zip
    162 KB · Views: 0

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Good catch BigDuke66. First off I found an exemption in the CullExcessEquipmentAndSupplied() for Bases which should have been removed once we had specifically added equipment to transport columns. In an earlier version of the code we didn't use to take out the trucks from the Base and so we exempted them from being culled. Later we specifically removed the trucks when the transport column was formed and added them back in when it returned to base. Alas we forgot to remove the exemption.

After removing the exemption the base does get culled properly when if takes casualties. However this still did not address the case where the Base moves with excess equipment and supplies. So now I have added a call to the culling function each time a unit attempts to move. It seems to do the trick. This may slow down the game a fraction - more so in big scenarios.

Here's what was in the that 7 Div Train depot originally from your save:
7Div Train Orig.jpg

And now after culling:
7Div Train Culled.jpg