Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.9 - Crashing on opening OB tab

Daz

The game is crashing a lot on opening the OB tab, using the shortcut key, and the toolbar.

Not sure what is happening to repeat it at the moment, but will send a bug report when I get more information.

MikeH

I'm experiencing this as well. Play for a while, load a saved game, open OB tab only and CTD. Will let you know if I nail down anything more specific.

MikeH

The following steps will produce a CTD for me every time:

1. Start CO2
2. Start a new scenario or load a saved game
3. Load a saved game
4. Click OB on the toolbar or use shortcut key

Hope that helps.

Daz

The following steps will produce a CTD for me every time:

1. Start CO2
2. Start a new scenario or load a saved game
3. Load a saved game
4. Click OB on the toolbar or use shortcut key

Hope that helps.

Confirmed!

Well done mate, nice detective work there :woot:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Indeed and it proved to be of great assistance. It turns out that when you Load a save from within the game Windows sends a message notifying the app to destroy the GameWindow (the one that shows the map). It then immediately invokes the code to load the save. This creates a new Game Window and set the Instance variable so we have a pointer to the Game Window that we can use. Then the message from the Windows system arrives to destroy the old GameWindow. Inside the destructor there is a line which kills off the Instance variable. Alas it wasn't checking to see if the Instance variable still pointed to the soon to be destroyed GameWindow. Hence when it came time to open the OB dialog it got a NULL pointer for the GameWindow and promptly crashed. It now checks and only removes the pointer if the Instance and the window are one and the same. Works like a charm now.

FIXED