Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.1.126 - commandops.exe has stopped working

Guy Miller

Dave, that's fine. I was just wondering when I saw you response to other folks on this thread. I can send more saved files if you want (you should have 3 from me), or any information you need. Again, for me it seems to happen usually at Dusk and/or nightfall.

deep42

Hi,
I am new to CO2 and currently playing the Greyhound Dash scenario on Allies side. Great game but unfortunately I get CTDs from time to time. Now I am stuck on Day 3 at 18:00. I have attached a saved game (D3 17:56). Just load it and run on fastest speed. I always get a CTD at exact 18:00.

Regards
Peter

Attachments

• Grey CTD at 1800.zip
    362.5 KB · Views: 0

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Good one Derrick. That save was brilliant being just before the 1800 Resupply Event. The problem was a code change that Miquel had introduced before he left this project. His intent was good but implementation lacking in that it assumed all units would have a current task. But you had yet to issue an order to the 101st Abn Div HQ. For some reason, though, it no longer has its default Hold task. So it did not have a current task and when it tried to access it we got an access violation. I have modified this code to check the currTask and if not present then to default to a valid value.

Trouble is the 101st should have a current unit task. I would like to find out when and more importantly why it clobbered its curr unit task without issung a new one in its stead. Do you have an earlier save from that scenario?

Last edited:
Here you go 20 min before and an even earlier one.
Thanks,
Derrick

Attachments

• AutoSave 20 min before.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1
those are all that I have for saves for that game.
Don't know if this helps but I never issue division level orders only brigade and battalion.
Thanks,
Derrick

I just played the scenario ensuring that all division hq's had orders and it still crashed at 1800 hrs.
Derrick

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Derrick, thanks for that. There are two things going on here. First there is an error in the resupply code which occurs if the requesting unit does not have a current unit task. I have fixed that but it is a downstream effect. It is possible n a game for a unit not to have a current unit task. This can occur if the unit is being destroyed for instance. But in the saves you provided we have a perfectly healthy 101st Abn Div HQ which does not have a current unit task but still has a reassessment event for whatever the previous task was. That reassessment event should have been culled when the task was deleted. But it has not and that means it wasn't clobbered properly and that is of concern.

In the game you just played where you gave all div HQs orders but still got the crash, do you have a save taken before the crash?

Hers a new test save with all hq's active at about 1700 hrs before crash.
Derrick

Attachments

• TEST.zip
    299.1 KB · Views: 1

deep42

Hi,
I am new to CO2 and currently playing the Greyhound Dash scenario on Allies side. Great game but unfortunately I get CTDs from time to time. Now I am stuck on Day 3 at 18:00. I have attached a saved game (D3 17:56). Just load it and run on fastest speed. I always get a CTD at exact 18:00.

Just to let you know. I have now provided orders for all units. Now I get no more CTD at 1800. At least I am able to continue playing the scenario.

Regards
Peter

Update,
I gave all orders but corps units in my last crash sample. After reading Peters post I tried that same save and issued orders to the corps unit as well and it worked.

Derrick

further update:
It crashed at 21:15 hrs just after I am posting the capture of the memory location. So indeed there is something else going on.
Derrick

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    411.5 KB · Views: 3

Guy Miller

Dave, do you want me to post my saves? I have been sending them via email as per your request earlier on this post.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Dave, do you want me to post my saves? I have been sending them via email as per your request earlier on this post.
No Guy. I've got them already. I have not tested your save yet but I believe Derrick and you are experiencing the same issue. I'll confirm that once I have got the bottom of the problem. The trouble is that there is an obvious bug in some code Miquel had introduced but even fixing that doesn't get rid of the real cause to this issue which I believe to be the fact that under certain circumstances units that the player has not given an order to are having their current unit task clobbered without doing the normal safe garbage collection that we undertake when deleting an object. Now that I have an understanding I should be able to track it down.

Guy Miller

ok, sounds good. Whatever I can do to be helpful just let me know. I have four scenarios that all crash similarly. CO2 is a fantastic game, thanks for working on a fix.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1026 7 Jan 2016. The saves were taking too long to step through so I started up the tutorial and gave orders only to part of my force. I did not order the 35 Tk Bn, so it went on hold. But later it put a request in for fuel and as part of the new code I had written once it received the fuel it did a replan and this is where I think it comes unstuck and ends up without a current unit task. I am stepping through this now.