Goodwood - Atlantic problem

I've started playing the Goodwood-Atlantic scenario from Steam Workshop. I gave orders to each of my divisions, planned the attack to commence in about three hours and when I clicked play, each of them made the following report:

X Division has temporarily bunkered down.
X Division has abandoned its attack mission - lack of time

What does that mean, what am I doing wrong? Is three hours not enough to start an attack for such a large formation?

john connor

Not sure. Surprised you can run Goodwood-Atlantic at all though. It's a beautiful piece of work but I cannot play a scenario that on fastest speed will only deliver 1 minute game time to 30 seconds real time. It would take 12 hours to play a twenty four hour scenario at that rate. I think Bie (the author) discovered the unit limits of the current engine when he made that scenario - limits in terms of human patience, I mean. I did encourage him to go for it, but the results were very slow in the end. To run such a scenario smoothly we would need multi-threading. It's on the development list.

Maybe Ioncore or Dave will eventually see your query if you wait a while. They are very busy with the patch at the moment, I know.