Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

M1 rifle stats

blazingPanzer

Looking through the estabs I noticed that the M1 rifle and carbine have the same ROF as bolt action weapons such as the kar 98k even though they're semi autos. I realise on the scale this game is set at there wouldn't be a huge difference, but as I understand it the M1 did give a noticeable advantage to US infantry units in terms of firepower, at least where rifles were concerned.

simovitch

Weapon ROF's have been standardized to function with the game firing mechanics and do not necessarily represent what the weapon was historically capable of. If Dave thinks that semi-automatics should get the ROF's bumped up I will do so.:happy:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Who me? ;) It's all a matter of scale. At the tactical level then yes you would bump them up. But at this operational level I'm not so sure they should. Perhaps if I had some reliable data that US units armed with the M1 expended more ammo than those with your standard bolt action rifles.