mark fortifications, trenches etc on the map

john connor

Am I right - when units dig in, are entrenched/fortified etc then those structures remain on the map (though we can't see them) even when the units vacate them, and the units can in fact move back and re-occupy them? If so, then it would be nice to have the fortifications, trenches, foxholes etc visible on the map. If not, then why not? Just a small thing.....

Perturabo

I suspect that the maps can be modified only in the editor. Though I wonder if it would be possible to mark them using some kind of a fortified position icon or something.

Kurt

I suspect that the maps can be modified only in the editor. Though I wonder if it would be possible to mark them using some kind of a fortified position icon or something.
Hi Perturabo, yes i like that idea , it should be a toggle option incase map gets cluttered with them

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Performance is the key thing here. Displaying a large number of icons does impact on performance for refreshes and game running time. But we could do this as an optional overlay like we do the new influence maps - ie only when the game is paused. That would work.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
I'm working on it. :) I'm working on changes to the ScenMaker at the moment to handle the conversions. These will then allow me to convert the files and then test the changes I have made in the new enhanced Scenario Selection screen of the Game. So progress is being made.