Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Off board artillery + correction

TerryB

Cross-poested from BGG

Night rules are in effect and I have a unit which can call in Off-board artillery strikes at upto 6 hexes as per SSR3:

"The Naval Gunfire Support Forward Observer is equipped with night-vision goggles and can see (place a Spotting round marker) at a range of up to six (6) hexes. He is the only one who can call-in and correct naval gunfire. He calls in the gunfire like regular Off-board Artillery (18.2) but he can correct the Spotting Round up to two hexes."

The nearest enemy units are at 8 hexes away. Does this mean I can target an "empty" hex 6 hexes away and hope that the drift roll and the 2 hex correction falls on these units which are further away?

That would imply that a correction could make my 6hex range further depending on the drift roll. The only mention I see Is that the final hex has to be in LOS and not within initial range restrictions.

I hope I've managed to express myself clearly :)

Thanks in advance,
Terry