Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

OFT building to building

TerryB

Hi guys,

I'd like a quick clarification on this situation. The Brit Para (11E5, light construction) unit will fire on the Argentine stack (11G6, light construction, Assault moved) using the LAW

1.6 ...SWs that use the OFT cannot be fired from Buildings or Bunkers. Anti-Tank Rifles (ATRs) are exceptions to this rule.
I'm assuming that the LAW is considered an ATR in this case.

14.2.1 Ordnance that primarily fires HEAT ammunition subtracts 1 from their HE-equivalent when attacking infantry NOT located in Buildings, Huts, Bunkers, or Caves. Note that one is subtracted from the HE-equivalent NOT the to-hit roll.
This implies there's no apparent problem firing into a building and the defenders get no reduction in the HE equivalent.

So two quick questions.
1. Is this legal to fire the LAW from one building to another?
2. If I hit is there any effect to the building in which the defenders are seeking refuge? I can't find anything about this.

Thanks in advance

Barthheart

Staff member
Cross posted from BGG:

A LAW is not equivalent to an ATR. It fires a rocket propelled warhead.

See this page for some info on how it works and why it's bad to fire them inside a building:

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/antiarmor/M72.html

About half way down the page is a diagram of the back blast area.

So,

1. No it is not legal to fire a LAW from inside a building.
2. There is no damage to the building itself. And you are correct that there is no reduce in the LAW HE-equivalent as per 14.2.1.

TerryB

1. No it is not legal to fire a LAW from inside a building.
2. There is no damage to the building itself. And you are correct that there is no reduce in the LAW HE-equivalent as per 14.2.1.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with such a detailed explanation. Now it's perfectly obvious why 1.6 is worded the way it is.

I think classifying the LAW as an ATR was more wishful thinking on my part.