Pattons Charge

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Kurt, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hey Dave , is that invitation to join " Pattons Charge " still open ? Happy to contribute :D

2. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Yeah it sure is Kurt. It's late here now. Let me sort this out tomorrow.

3. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Kurt, I'm back on deck with hopefully a fresher mind. Richard says he's willing to climb on board for Patton's Charge. I have yet to hear back from Pieter, but hopefully he will join too. Richard will coordinate. Pick his brain. He's got a wealth of experience at designing scenarios for Cmd Ops.

What I will need from you though is a brief resume (1 page) with your full name, forum ID, contact details, including street address, any wargame development and /or military experience you have and a any other info about yourself you want to share so I can get a better picture of who you are. I will then send out a standard non disclosure agreement (NDA) for you to sign, scan and email back to me. Once I have that I'll get you access to the Panther Dev Forum and we can start the ball rolling.

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

5. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Just to let everyone know that Kurt has joined our dev team and will be teaming up with Richard and Pieter to work on Patton's Charge.

6. Takoda

Takoda Member

May I ask what is 'Patton's Charge'. Hopefully a new module or scenario.

7. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Of course you may Takoda. Patton's Charge will be a data module that covers more battle along the westwall in late 44/early 45. We have still to work up a final scenario list. But stay tuned.

8. Takoda

Takoda Member

Thanks for explaining Dave.

9. Rosmarus

Rosmarus Member

What other data modules are in the pipline at the moment and is there an ETA for any of them? Cheers!

10. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

We have a fair bit of east front material already developed but these await the development of some feature to the engine. The engine update to include these was planned to be done in a couple of months but as I reported in another thread we've lost one of the developers on this. I'm revising the plan at the moment. I'll advise next week.

11. Takoda

Takoda Member

I'll be ecstatically happy when we can purchase East Front scenarios. I love this game engine, it's genius, nothing else comes even close. Some Eastern Front scenarios and hopefully one day some modern warfare scenarios with this engine would be the pinnacle of operational scale wargaming, a zenith impossible to surpass.

12. john connor

john connor Member

I second all that, Takoda.

13. TMO

TMO Member

Any plan to develop some Normandy or Italy scenarios?

Regards

Tim

14. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

I'd be happy to do so but all our current scenario developers are committed to other projects. If there are any people out there who would like to give it a shot, then please contact me. You need to have a passion for detail and the military period. It can be done in your own time frame and we offer a small royalty payment.