Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Ring of Hills Vs Heroes of the Falklands

Jerry Tresman

What are the differences. The game was standalone apart from the Rules only being a module. I can't recall as I store all the markers in one container so maybe it was short informational markers.

Also is there a living rules for LnL post 1959 - I have Day of Heroes and Ring of Hills.

Jerry

I have not been able to use the forum for a very long time as I the link for password reset does not work and I suspect my account was not carried over after the change of ownership.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Jerry

One of the main issue is you use to need a World War 2 core game to be able to play the modern module on the Falklands. We improve the scenarios, player-aid cards. We have also included a few new player aid cards. The counters have also been made thicker and now have rounded edges.

David

Jeff Lewis

Heroes of the Falklands is a complete game. Adds one scenario from Line of Fire. Adds all Admin counters. Skill counters. Player-Aid Cards. X-maps for pre-orders (Dave may have to confirm that). All new better-quality counters. Full-color Core and Module Rules.

I think the question is: If I own Ring of Hills, do I really need to buy Heroes of the Falklands? If you want all the updated stuff and consistent counters, such as Skill counters that are tailored to the Falklands War instead of WW2, plus the updated v4.1 rules and mod rules in color, with the added LoF scenario, then Yes. If you are okay with a download of the v4.1 rules and have the scenario from LoF already and don't mind having to use counters from Band of Heroes, then No.

Frank Kiss

Website
boardgamegeek.com
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the clear and concise clarification. I have ROH and all the BOH markers, etc that it requires and now the new (excellent) living rules.

One thing that may benefit owners of the older games is perhaps a living rules set for national characteristics/module specific terrain and other rules IF these have been updated going from, say, ROH to HOTF and the other games.

Cheers

Frank

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Jeff

We have made new and updated player aid cards and new module rules and an updated scenarios booklet. These newer items will only be available in the newer game editions.

David