Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

User Interface (UI) Programmer Required

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

We're in need of a good user interface (UI) programmer to join our small dev team. Trouble is there is no real money in this. At present I can't afford to pay a wage. The best I can offer is the prospect of some meagre royalties, your name up in the credits, an opportunity to hang out online with a nice bunch of guys and do some interesting work. So it would suit someone with a bit of spare time. You need to be able to program in C++. Some experience in programming user interfaces is essential. Experience with MFC would be desirable. We use Visual Studio 2013 Community dev environment and SVN for source control. You will need to sign a bog standard Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to access our code base.

If you are interested, send me a resume (dave[at]panthergames[dot]com) and please highlight any game development experience you may have.

Philip Devine

Designer / Developer
I'll see if I can refer someone you way, I'm sure a lot of people would love the experience of working with you guys!

laulaulau

Hello
if I may make a suggestion for an alternative option, that could open up many possibilities: could you expose an API from your engine, for example over a network socket, allowing to play a game by sending JSON/REST/etc commands and obtaining information about game status? This way anyone with an idea for a GUI, even for example something lightweight and text based, could have a go at it.
This could open up a lot of possibilities, as the engine inside Command Ops is clearly way better than any other RTS game on the market.
All the best
Laurent