Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WATCHING 5.1.14 - strange pathing choice

*budd*

Screen%20Shot%2005-19-15%20at%2008.31%20PM_zpselevfcu6.png

This unit was part of an attack on lommersweller it was located about where the yellow star is. I noticed it pulling out and paused and looked to see where it is going. why would it do this? It says advance guard for its role and its got some fatigue and its taking a long scenic route. i only have the save at this point, i tried the other saves but they are before the attack started and this route choice wouldn't repeat on 2 attempts. I'll post the save if you would like.

Daz

Its taking an avoidance route to avoid those units in the woods to the east of the main road leading north.

It has Advance Guard as its Role because it is going to lead the move phase of the avoidance route.

What is at the yellow star Bud, the FUP?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yeh sometimes units are faced with a dilemma because they are in a way surrounded. Perhaps what we need is some smart that can determine that and instead choose the more direct path, because the difference between the alternatives in terms of enemy FP is negligible.

*budd*

the yellow star was the position it was in when apart of the attack on lommersweller. I took a closer look at this, your right it is a avoidance route, seems like BN is finishing their attack and repositioning and the HQ is going the same route shown on map and the highlighted unit is the advance guard for the HQ. Still seems a strange choice given the units fatigue level after the attack, of course the HQ the unit is advance guard for isn't fatigued. To be fair there are enemy units south of lommersweller and in those woods to the east. But they would probably be better off staying where they are or were as the last order i gave the BN was the attack order on lommersweller.

Daz

Yeah, if in doubt about the route the HQ will take to rejoin its line units its best to use the great new option of "Defend In Situ" in the Attack Edit Dialogue, then move them up yourself when ready.