Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

White Star Rising: A Little Tea Before We Fight

Jay Townsend

White Star Rising: A Little Tea Before We Fight

Another quick playing but fun scenario to play. The British must keep the German armor/AFVs from breaking through the K-line hexes on map 3. Both sides have a mixed force of unit types but the Germans get reinforcements on turn 5 of this ten turn scenario but the British get some Typhoon air-support on turns 2-6 if they don’t get shot down or not drawn on certain turns that end early. The Germans have a Wirbel to try and counter the British air-support.

The British setup a defensive line but must cover a lot area and try and stay in Command of the HQ. The first couple of turns are nothing more than the Germans pushing forward and one deadly British air-attack. By the Middle of the scenario the Germans reinforcements enter from the shaded area and I noticed the Germans were fighting to much with British units instead of trying to exit unit, as those are the victory conditions, so I adjusted the Germans to quit fighting so much and exit the K hexes on map 3 with some screening units and the fight started shifting south, as this is where the Germans were attempting to exit. The British had to move their forces south as well but by the end of the scenario it was too late, the Germans had exited 3 AFVs for a Decisive Victory, getting a Pz-IV, a Wirbel and a Puma off to the shaded area of the map. Without the timely arrival of the German reinforcements. I doubt they could have pulled off this victory but the German armored cars are very fast.

Fun scenario and at first after a couple turns ended early, I thought the Germans were done but a few good turns in a row with good activation turns, this scenario turned around for the Germans. If the British would have quit engaging the German armor from a distances and shifted units south faster is could have been a British victory instead of a German one. Both sides have to decide when to fight and when to adjust their approaches. This one could easily have gone either way.