Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AI frozen

john connor

I had made a little11 hour test scenario with one objective for each side, no arty, maxed out stats for the Axis AI side. To watch how aggressive the AI is in attacking. I have just run it in 2.0.11 and gave a single defend order to my on map boss. All my units are sat on the objective. Nothing happened until scenario end. The AI didn't even appear to contest the objective, didn't even take a peek. The AI units you can see in the pic are those there through intel at start. In fact, I don't think my units did anything either (even though it wasn't a defend in situ order, just plain defend). 2 screens below. One from half way through, one from the end.

2 saves and a scenario file sent to Dave.

alt man 2.png

alt man 2 b.png

Though in the final screen (after the AAR etc) the Axis AI seems to have Move icons, this is 11 hours after scenario start and nothing has moved, I fear, or not far enough to do anything. Remember, the Axis forces are all on 100% everything, except 0% fatigue.

Perhaps an extreme case of a totally frozen AI. Makes me believe even more that Daz's supposition about bugs being behind the AI not attacking much is correct. But whatever changes you made, to 2.0.11, Dave, they didn't affect this situation.

As I said, saves sent.

*budd*

i played St. Vith to test out the update with a scenario i know. The AI attacked St. Vith for 2 1/2 days, tried 3 different directions. Once they attacked from 2 directions at once. In fact they kept attacking when they probably shouldn't have at the end because their forces were depleted. The AI also kept attacking the other objectives through out. I wonder if this scenario pack specific in some way, no idea.