Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - Game slows down

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK folks I have some good news. I turned off the D2D drawing for the graphic primitives (lines, circles, rectangles and arcs) and also for Tasks. It's running much faster now. Whether this is acceptable or not I'll need your feedback. In theory this should be as fast as it was before under CO1.

I will endeavour to put out a new build this afternoon. It won't have the keyboard event fix ( ie spacebar and function keys not responding ) but it will have addressed both showstoppers (speed and message log) plus a swag of other minor issues.

Ripppe

Great news indeed Dave! Lets hope that these show stoppers are tackled with this update. :)

mbar: Yes, I was aware that at least to some extend the culprit is the game optimization. However, I can't help thinking that maybe my computer setup also plays some kind of role. Mainly for two reasons:

1) As state in my previous post, my game is slow whether or not I have selected units at all. What I would gather from this and other threads, most of the reporters had slow down issues when a unit (especially HQ one) was selected. This would indicate something is foobar in my setup - of course it might be just a right (or wrong) combination of something else.
2) I did have several dialogs (though not double dialogs) open during the game session.

Testing with a different computer would give me better hunch of whether my old computer is just not up for this game, or is it mainly due to CO2. Lets see what 5.0.8 does.