Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Pivot Modifiers of Vehicle mounted MGs

According to DFT:

Vehicle mounted MG firing after Vehicle pivots in hex without moving to a new hex: +1
Vehicle mounted MG firing after Assault Movement: +2

This is the situation: a Vehicle is going to make an Assault Movement; the first thing it does is to pivot, and then, it fires. Does he get +1 (pivot without moving to a new hex) and +2 (it is under Assault Movement)?

I do not see in which situation a Vehicle pivots and fires but is not under Assault Movement, as since the very moment it pivots, it is under Assault Movement.

Barthheart

Staff member
You can pivot to make a Op fire attack. That would get you the +1. You can also pivot to take a regular shot and that gets you the +1.
If you move to a new hex and fire then you get the +2 modifier.
You don't need to Assault Move to pivot in place and shoot.

I know that WT may pivot to OF, but I don't find where it is said that Vehicles may do that. Where is that stated?

I have always thought that pivot was a movement. So, "pivot + fire" would be an Assault Movement. Am I wrong?

Barthheart

Staff member
:), I just knew you were going to ask me for a rules reference. And of course I can't find it. This is the way I've been playing for years and had it confirmed when playing against Mark Walker. I'll do some more digging to see if I can come up with a proper reference.

Maybe Stephane can back me up...?

Jeff Lewis

It's on the OFT. Pivot + Fire is not AM. It's a fire action that recognizes that vehicle had to make a small adjustment before firing.

Thanks once again, guys.

1. So, this sentence in 1.7 regarding WT:

"They can change facing within their hex at a cost of 1 MP per two vertices pivoted. During an impulse, all ordnance-firing WTs can rotate/pivot, up to their MF, and fire, which incurs a +1 penalty on the OFT—and is permitted when conducting Opportunity Fire (5.3) with the same +1 penalty—or they can face any direction after entering a new hex. Place a Moved marker on a WT that pivots and a Fired marker on one that fires or pivots and fires",
can be applied to Vehicles as:

"Vehicles can change facing within their hex at a cost of 1 MP per 1 vertice pivoted. During an impulse, all Vehicles can rotate/pivot, up to their MF, and fire, which incurs a - 1 penalty on DFT and +1 penalty on the OFT—and is permitted when conducting Opportunity Fire (5.3) with the same penaltys. Place a Moved marker on a Vehicle that pivots and a Fired marker on one that fires or pivots and fires".​

2. Just one last thing. Is this right?
  • A WT/Vehicle that only pivots is put under Moved (it has a penalty as a target for being under Moved).
  • A WT/Vehicle that pivots and fires is put under Fired (it has not a penalty as a target due to its movement, as it is not under Moved).