Hello everyone. First time using "The Ambush" skill from Heroes of Normandy and I have a few questions regarding its use. First off, here is what it says:
- Leader or Hero
- Utilize this Skill when a unit occupies an enemy hex or is adjacent to an enemy-occupied hex.
- Roll 1d6 and place the forces allotted in the table to the right in or adjacent to the user's hex (even if enemy-occupied). Reinforcements assume the activation status of the user and must be of the user's type (Airborne, SS, etc.), but randomly selected
- Can I use this Skill when any of my units are in/adjacent to an enemy unit's hex? Or only when the leader/hero that is possessing the skill is in/adjacent to an enemy units hex?
- The newly placed units assume the activation status of the user. So the user in this case would the be leader/hero unit who possesses the skill correct?
- If the leader/hero that possesses the skill is activated for Assault Move, the newly placed units would also be marked with an Assault Move marker correct? Would they be able to move with the Leader/Hero who possessed the skill if they were placed with that leader/hero?
- If a Hero with this skill uses Assault Movement to move adjacent to an enemy unit and then launch the ambush, when could the skill be used? Before any enemy Op Fire? After any enemy Op Fire? At the end of Hero's activation? During the Hero's activation?
- If a Hero activated with Assault Movement moves adjacent to an enemy unit and then uses the skill to place friendly units into the adjacent enemy units hex, would this initiate a melee? Or would this be like a melee hex that would need to be initiated on a separate impulse? If the melee is immediately resolved, when is it resolved? At this point or at the end of the Hero units Assault Move activation?
- If the Hero using the skill is activated with Assault Move, then the units that are placed are also marked Assault Move . . . so what status would a newly placed HMG support weapon have? Assembled or Dismantled? I assume Dismantled since the squad possesing it would be marked as Assault Move which would indicate it had moved and you cannot carry an assembled HMG.