WaW Series Rules Revision

Discussion in 'World At War 85 Series' started by Matt Lohse, Jan 20, 2015.

1. rastamann

rastamann Member

There's one last point I'd like to make about it, which is that current scenario balance will be changed by such a change. As is is, many of the scenarios have the russians as the attackers, and in great numerical superiority in order to overcome NATO's technical superiority, which to a point hangs on the western tank's abilities to hold their own a bit. A simple +1 change to the to hit mod would, for instance, reduce the chance that an Abrams has to hit with 3 of his shots on one of his volleys from 37% to 7.4%; a challenger or leopard II would get their chances reduced from 99.9 to 37%.

2. Keith T

Keith T Member

Hmm, I would think that being a future war game, that the technology involved would be able to over come the moving target...I could see a mod if were a WWII game?

Keith T

3. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

Sorry for not responding for a few days (computer issues).

I think any changes to fire at moving targets would need to be an optional rule, in part because of the changing balance issue mentioned above and in part due to a desire to try to keep the rules as simple as possible. That said, it might be fun to come up with an optional moving target rule and try it with a couple of scenarios designed with that in mind (so it wasn't unbalancing an existing one)... to see how it would play.