By David Heath on Apr 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM
  1. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

A Wing and a Prayer is a game designed by Erik von Rossing where you, the player, assumes the role of a Commander of a Squadron of Bombers of the USAAF 8th Bomber Wing or the German Luftwaffe during World War II. Your goal is either to protect the Fatherland against the Allied bombings or to bring Germany to its knees. Either way, it’s going to to take a wing and a prayer to complete.

David

Attached Files:

Herb and Thomasew like this.
Sub-Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'A Wing and a Prayer - Bombing the Reich' started by David Heath, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Mark Brownell
      Mark Brownell
      What is the expected release date for "A Wing and and Prayer"? I'm very interested in this game, but I've been waiting five years for what is now called "Heroes of North Africa", so I'm VERY hesitant to order. Mark Brownell
    2. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Mark,

Fair comment, Heroes of North Africa was already promised before I purchased LnLP and if it were up to me, this would never have been offered so early. At this point in history, it's my problem, and if you have looked at any of the new LnLT, it will show the efforts being put into the games the I am publishing. The game is currently in printing and will be available soon. You will NOT find A Wing and A Prayer available for pre-order until I have all the items ready to go. We are shooting for an Origins or WBC Release.

David
    3. Mark Brownell
      Mark Brownell
      Thank you David. I'll look forward to the pre-order announcement. Mark
    4. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Everyone,

We will have advance copies of A Wing and a Prayer available at Origins next week. We have also added some pictures of the game to our media section. These pictures are from my desk so not 100% the best.

We will also have designer Erik von Rossing with us at Origins so if you have the time stop by our booth we love to meet you.

Origins Convention -728 Banner.jpg
    5. Mark Brownell
      Mark Brownell
      Just checked the website for any update on Heroes of North Africa. I can't find the game listed. When I do a search for Heroes of North Africa,
      I receive a message of no information for that title. ???????? I thought it was being printed and would finally be released very soon. What is the status? Thank you. Mark
    6. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Mark,

Yes, this is explained here about the new Pre-order and Loyalty systems at LnLP.

David
    7. Alessandro Trovato
      Alessandro Trovato
      It does not clarify anything about years old pre-orders and in particular HoNA status.
    8. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Alessandro,

Here is my earlier post to Mark,

Hi Mark,

Fair comment, Heroes of North Africa was already promised before I purchased LnLP and if it were up to me, this would never have been offered so early. At this point in history, it's my problem, and if you have looked at any of the new LnLT, it will show the efforts being put into the games the I am publishing. The game is currently in printing and will be available soon. You will NOT find A Wing and A Prayer available for pre-order until I have all the items ready to go. We are shooting for an Origins or WBC Release.
    9. Alessandro Trovato
      Alessandro Trovato
      Got it David, thank you. It would be nice to optimize the shipping and get both games at once.. difficult to manage I suppose.
    10. nicwb
      nicwb
      Any update on the progress of this game ?
    11. David Heath
      David Heath
      Yes it is at the printers and we should have it soon.

David
    12. nicwb
      nicwb
      Great !! Look forward to it.
    13. Rich Paris
      Rich Paris
      Looking forward to this!!
    14. Rich Paris
      Rich Paris
      David,
      Could the rules get posted? If not a general post, how about those of us who pre-ordered? Need to train my crews before heading to the ETO.
      Thanks, Rich
    15. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Rich,

I can't post them at this time just to many things going on but we will get to it as soon as I can.

David
    16. Mike Sundborg
      Mike Sundborg
      Are we closer to a release date for Wing and a Prayer?

Patiently waiting

Mike
    17. Mark Brownell
      Mark Brownell
      Is there any chance that "Heroes of North Africa" and "A Wing and a Prayer" will be available for this Christmas? Thank you. Mark B.
    18. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Mark,

No, I don't think the shipments will be here before Christmas.

David
    19. Pete Frederick
      Pete Frederick
      Been kinda quiet here on A Wing and a Prayer. Is this one being released along with all the LnLT games, or is it coming later this year?