The future of Command Ops?

Discussion in 'CO2 - Feature Requests' started by J. van Limpt, Jun 3, 2017.

1. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

So what can we expect for the future for this game? I know Patton is coming, but after that I would like to see CO going to the eastern front, preferably 1944/45. Are there any plans yet?

2. jimcarravallah

I can't speak for the developers, but from what I understand, completing the Patton module is a first priority while work is being done on the East Front module on a separate development schedule.

Keep in mind that most scenario development activities are performed by volunteers and the pace of module development is impacted by their ability to schedule that work around their day jobs and family time.

The availability of volunteer time to address new scenario and module development can't be controlled by Panther's management.

3. Keydet

Keydet Member

Being the developer for KOAD I can tell you I am revising the scenarios to make them better and fix errors. Also adding one new scenario. This one is very tactical. It is the prelude to Preiss Knocks and Blumentritt's Big Knock. These two assume Skorzeny's raids on 14th Cav Group is successful to one of three outcomes. The scenario will be Skorzeny's raids night of 15/16 Dec. I do not know when I will be done. I have made it through three of the 12 scenarios. Have other none game tasks to attend to as well.

panzerpit and jimcarravallah like this.
  4. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

Sounds very interesting. Thank you for this information.

5. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

Baltics/Eastern Prussia 1944 would be ideal for this game.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Member

...I (personally) don't care about more scen packs. I won't buy any before I see that CO2 actually gets new features. I am happy with the scenes at hand, but with so many things missing, I can't enjoy them. Smoke, Obstacles, Dismount/Mounted Ops etc.

That is of course, as always, my personal view.

Regards,

A