Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

VASSAL question 'Hell Frozen Over'

wokman2b

I downloaded the 'Hell Frozen Over' extension for Vassal. Since I am not the sharpest tool in the shed regarding what to do next, does anyone know how to open the extension? I know it needs to go somewhere in particular but Im not sure where. I have tried what I thought would work including closing my eyes and wishing real hard. Didn't work.
If anyone can provide the 'how to' I would much appreciate the assist.

Dijon

Hi wokman,

In the folder where you have the Vassal mod, create another folder that has the name of the module (without the vmod extension) and add "_ext" (without the quotes). So, for example, if your mod is AVslMod_v2.2.4.vmod, then your new folder would be AVslMod_v2.2.4_ext.

Then put the vmdx file in this new folder and Vassal will load it automatically when you open the module. It will actually say in the messages at the top which extensions have been loaded. Hope this helps.