Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FAQ - Estab Migration - EFSTEstab.coe Question

spudweasel

There are several CO1 scenarios that use a EFSTEstab.coe file. But not all of the EFSTEstab.coe files are the same. I was thinking of renaming the EFSTEstab.coe for scenario X to EFSTEstabX.coe and the EFSTEstab.coe for scenario Y to EFSTEstabY.coe and then linking those estab files with the appropriate scenarios, but I found that you can only associate an estab with a scenario at the time the scenario created.

Unless I'm missing something, cloning the scenario or using it as a template doesn't seem to address the issue.

Is the only way around this to make sure the correct EFSTEstab.coe is in the estab subdirectory when the scenario is loaded?

Thanks.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
spudweasel,

Love your nick BTW. :)

The good news is yes you can change the estab file. We added a new feature to the CO2 ScenMaker called Estab Migration. I'll walk you through it.

1. Open SM and select Estab Migration from the Tools menu.Migrate Estab #1.jpg
  2. It will ask you to select the new estab file
    Migrate Estab #2.jpg
  3. Select the new estab you want to useMigrate Estab #3.jpg
  4. It will then ask you to save the scenario under a new name to avoid data loss. This can occur for example if the new estab file does not have a corresponding estab in it.
    Migrate Estab #4.jpg
  5. Save the scenario file under a new name.Migrate Estab #5.jpg
  6. Note you now your scenario using the new estab file.Migrate Estab #6.jpg
  7. Test to ensure there are no unforseen errors.
  8. If you are happy with it, you can save it over the original name. But I would recommend not doing that. I would either use a version number to indicate the difference. If you have to make sure you backup your original before doing so.
Now this is not fool proof because it relies on you ensuring that all estabs being used within the original scenario are replicated in some way in the new one. If there is a missing estab it will create dump file in a directory called Dump inside your game directory and it will list out the errors. It will then be up to you to work through and address each error by assigning that force a relevant estab from the new estab file. You will have to do that in the SM for each instance. So this can be tedious but it is doable.

Good luck.