Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Leader LOS modifier?

severn8212

On page 26 of the v 4.1 living rules under 10.3 it says to subtract 1 from the attacking unit's die roll or ADD 1 TO THE LEADERS 'S DIE ROLL for each degrading terrain LOS passes through in an attack (up to 2) ...not sure why you'd add to the leaders die roll? Am I reading this wrong ? It's also in v4.0 HotP rules pg25. Thx for any help

Bill

Stefano G.

Hi, Bill...
as far as i know, you have to change the word "LEADER" with the word "SPOTTER" : for each degrading terrain a modifier of 1 is to be added to any spotting attempt (it makes harder to spot).

Jeff Lewis

The living rules is incorrect. In the V4.1 WW2 booklet in Heroes of Normandy, it reads: "Subtract one from an attacker's DFT die-roll or add one to an OFT to-hit roll for every hex the LOS crosses a silhouette of degrading terrain. If the LOS passes through more than two such hexes it is blocked and no attack or spotting attempt can be made." Now, in checking, I've found the error you point out is in the Modern rules, and I'm having that amended. I'm not sure how the "living rules" are incorrect since they are made from the actual rules, which are correct. Unless you are using the Modern rules, but the rule you cite is on page 21 in the modern rules.